What are you going to do?
The manager Operations & Logistics reports to the general manager. You will be responsible for all the planning and logistics activities at this greenhouse production farm in Africa. You will be responsible for all the processes and people. You will make sure that the cuttings reach their clients in time, in the right quantities and with the quality as agreed. In case of deviations, you will be responsible for a timely and effective communication with the proper departments at the head office in Europe.
Tasks and responsibilities
• The availability of high quality rooted and unrooted cuttings and adequately registration of the availability in the logistical system
• Make sure that operational departments are running adequate and efficiently
• Ensure an adequate and efficient system of building up mother stock
• Responsible for maintaining the internal corporate quality system with your farm data
• Regular consultation with the General Manager and Production Manager Cultivation Management about cultivation, propagation, planning, logistics, hygiene and quality.
What do we ask?
• Bachelor degree in horticulture or agronomy, or similar professional level through working experience
• Excellent analytical- and time management skills and a pro-active working attitude
• Several years of relevant work experience in a non-western country
• Familiar with cultivation techniques and plant quality standards
• Excellent communication skills, also in a multi-cultural context
• Able to motivate and coach staff and create a positive atmosphere
• Organisator, stress-resistant and solution-oriented
• Excellent command of the English language, knowledge of Dutch is a pre
• Respect for the local culture and its people
• Prepared to work and live in Ethiopia for a number of years
What can we offer?
• A broad, independent and challenging job opportunity
• Working in a multinational company
• a residential house is available
• A challenging position with a solid package of employment conditions
Who is our partner?
Our client is an enthusiastic, modern, fast-growing and international enterprise, operating in the global top of young plant propagating & sales companies. Based in the Netherlands, they have their production locations in Europe and Africa. The company concentrates itself on the production, breeding and sales of ornamental young plant material, including bedding plants, biennial, perennials and pot plants. On their behalf we are searching for a driven and enthusiastic Manager Operations & Logistics for one of the production farms in Africa.