What are you going to do?
You are the point of contact for the customers based in Japan. As an expert, you are the one who can answer their questions in a professional manner. You provide information in the field of substrates, but you are also sufficiently grounded in the field of cultivation and crop protection. You know the Japanese culture and you know how to serve your customers well with respect for this culture. The customers mainly consists of small companies that are specialized in the production of one particular product. Flowers, pot plants, vegetables, soft fruit and young plant companies are all in your target group. Quality is of highly importance. By setting up trials, you can convince customers to choose your product.
Slowly you expand your clientele and you know how to build a good relationship of trust with all your clients. You will be given every opportunity to act at your own discretion in order to achieve the intended sales objectives. You will be supported by a professional team of colleagues. You are part of the sales team focused on Singapore, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, India and Saudi Arabia.
What do we ask?
• Speaking good Japanese in addition of English.
• Is familiar with Japanese culture
• Commercial experience in the (international) horticultural sector
• Experience in Japan is a plus
• Passion for plants, growth management
• Experience in advisory role is a plus
• Lives or is willing to live in Japan
• Collaborator, creative, solution-oriented
• Communicative with good people skills
• Bachler work and thinking level
What can we offer?
• A challenging position at a strong international player in Horticultural sector
• An independent mobile function with a lot of freedom
• Nice team of experienced employees
• Personal development is stimulated
• Good salary and company car
Who is our partner?
Our client is an organization that supplies a total package of natural substrates and potting soils to the international commercial horticulture sector. With numerous sales and production companies in Europe, America and Asia, and a network of sales and production partners on every continent. Everywhere, there growing media provide a vital basis for the growth of fruit, vegetables, herbs, ornamental plants and trees.
Our client has been active in Japan since the 1990s. Market growth has accelerated from 2019 through successful collaboration with a producer. In order to serve the customer base in Japan well, our client is looking for a